We cherish the opportunity to work with you and your child. We assure you of our sincerest efforts on his/her behalf at all times. Cathedral Preschool is open to any child regardless of religion, race, creed, or ethnic background. We are licensed to operate by the Cabinet for Human Resources, Division of Licensing and Regulation, of Commonwealth of Kentucky.
Age Requirements & Other Prerequisites
Class – Age Requirement
3s – Must be 3 by August 1, 2022 and potty trained
4s – Must be 4 by August 1, 2022
5 year old pre-k – Must be 5 by August 1, 2022 and Must have previous school experience
- All children must be completely potty trained and able to provide a reasonable degree of self-care.
- WrapAround Care is available to children up to 5 days per week.
- Because of the unique needs of the younger children, as well as staffing and space constraints, 3’s who need the 5-day morning preschool, or preschool with WrapAround, will be in both the M/W/F morning class and the T/Th morning class. This means that curriculum content in the morning classes will have some overlap/repeating for the 3-year-olds who are in 5-day.
- Children can attend WrapAround on the days they attend morning preschool. If a child needs to stay for WrapAround on fewer days than they attend morning preschool, that can be arranged if space allows.
- Our 5-year-old Pre-K program is designed for children who have at least one prior year of preschool and are eligible to move on to kindergarten by their age, but are taking another year to prepare and mature. It is not an advanced class of 4-year-old preschool. Both the 4-year-old preschool program and the 5-year-old Pre-K programs are structured to prepare a child for a successful start in kindergarten.
Questions? Please Call or Email!
Sometimes it’s just easier to talk to someone than decipher all this info. Give us a call or shoot us an email! 270-926-1652 or [email protected]
A Note About Class Placement
All classes are filled in the order of receiving the completed forms and fees (registration form, Kentucky immunization certificate and registration fee). Until they are received, your child’s name cannot be placed on a class list. We will make every effort to accommodate your choices; however, due to the restrictions on class size, we may place your child in your second choice of classes.